Monday, April 11, 2011

Almond & Apricot Bark


Ummm... do you need a chocolate fix? Wait, I know what you are going to say.... I start a lot of posts with that exact same line! Do I love chocolate?? YES I DO! And the darker the better for me... none of this milk chocolate business!

Here's a quick fix to needing a little pick me up in the middle of the day- or if you are feeling generous with your chocolate, make a batch, break it up and fill a jar with it- it would make a great gift for a hostess for Easter or a birthday friend who deserves a little crunchy goodness! The bad news, it's so good you will want to eat the WHOLE BATCH! The good news, you can try to tell yourself it's almost as healthy as a vitamin- I mean come on- dark chocolate, almonds, and apricots.... that's almost comparable to a vitamin, right??! :)

Ingredients:
1 cup dark chocolate, at least 60% cocoa
3/4 cup chopped raw almonds
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots

Directions:
Melt your chocolate in a double boiler or a glass dish in your microwave. Add your chopped almonds and apricots. Stir well and pour out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Put in the freezer to harden. Remove and break into pieces, sneaking some for yourself as you fill your jars. I keep mine in the fridge in an air tight container so it stays crunchy and fresh.

EXTRA CHOCOLATE??? Dip some whole dried apricots in your melted chocolate and place them on a parchment lined plate, into the fridge to harden and you have a quick dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment