Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Asian Flare Salad...



This is just an idea for you.... a lot of parts to this salad are "choose your own adventure" if you know what I mean- pick what you like and as much of it that you prefer... no measuring on this one! Let your taste buds be your guide!




Ingredients:
Lettuce or Cabbage
Carrots, shredded
Broccoli or cucumber, chopped
Bean Sprouts
Snap Peas
Bell Pepper, sliced
Fresh Mint, chopped
Grilled or Browned Chicken Tenderloins
Toasted Almond Slivers or Slices
A few Shakes of Sesame Seeds


Dressing:
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 TBSP Rice Vinegar
2 TBSP Grape Seed Oil
1 tsp Sesame Seed Oil
2 tsp creamy peanut butter
1/4 tsp grated ginger




Chicken:
I actually made my chicken in the crock pot for this salad. I added a splash of soy sauce, a splash of chicken broth, and a pinch of grated ginger. I cooked it on low for 3 hours. That's it. Then I chopped it up and threw it on top, super simple, super tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment