Monday, February 14, 2011

Last Minute Valentines Dessert...

So I was debating whether or not to post this because it was a last minute jester over here for our Valentines Day dinner tonight, but I just talked to my sister who inquired about what I was doing... and when I answered, she responded with "Great idea... I am going to whip some up too!" You most likely have the ingredients on hand, if not you could improvise--- or run to the store... or better yet- super surprise them tomorrow, they'll never see it comin'!


Chocolate Dipped Strawberries & Blueberries

Ingredients:
Strawberries
Blueberries
You favorite Chocolate
White Chocolate*** optional
Wax Paper

NOTE: If you are without a favorite chocolate, I will let you borrow mine: Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Pounder Plus.... umm, I could become a "Pounder Plus" if I let my obsession get the best of me- it's that good! :)

Super Simple:
Wash and pat dry your berries, melt your dark chocolate in a glass bowl for 30 second increments in the microwave or use a double boiler on the stove. Dip your strawberries or swirl your blueberries around the bowl with the help of a spatula (remove the blueberries with a toothpick) and place them on a plate lined in Wax Paper. Then melt your white chocolate, spoon it into a small ziplock, cut off the corner and use it as a pastry bag, making swirls on your berries. Pop them in the fridge to harden!

"Sweet Search"- For added fun, package up your sweets and make a scavenger hunt to find them! Make it a tradition, for you and your honey or the kids! Have fun and have a Happy- lovey-dovey-Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment