Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spinach, Mushroom, and Turkey Bacon Scramblers

I know I have posted before about Saturday Morning Scramblers that we enjoy on the weekend- but I thought I would also post this second recipe, because it has been very popular in our house (for breakfast OR lunch!) lately, and is a great change up to regular (and sometimes boring!) scrambled eggs and get some powerful greens at the start of the day.

Ingredients:
4-6 eggs, scrambled
2-3 mushrooms, chopped
2 slices turkey bacon, chopped
1 chive, chopped
1 large handful of spinach, chopped
jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions:
I like to saute my green onion, mushrooms, turkey, and spinach for a few minutes with a sliver of butter, then I set it aside on a plate. I add my scrambled eggs to the pan with a spot of Coconut Oil, then when they are almost finished, I quickly add everything else back, finish cooking them and to them off with a little shredded cheese. I like this dish because it's high in protein (with eggs, cheese, and turkey bacon) and it adds some great greens right off the bat in the beginning of the day. I love that it all melts together and my toddler eats it by the "shovel full" without picking anything out! Great way to start the day or a great "last minute" lunch when there isn't anything else in the fridge! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment