Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spanish Potato Omelet EXTREME!


(Notice the pesky little fingers trying to sneak a bite!)
So, I did it, I ventured to change an old and passed down family recipe of my Grandma's. She used to make it with her mom in Spain, then when she started her own family here, she made them a staple in her house, making them multiple times a week. She would always bring them to family gatherings and we would sneak piece after piece until it was gone. I have found this to be such a great dish now that I have my own family. My little one loves them- as does my husband, it's great for breakfast lunch or dinner, it's hardy and easy to serve, and easy to make. Need I say more??

The original recipe is simple, and I like it that way. It has Canadian bacon/ham, green onions, parsley, eggs, and potatoes. This time, I thought I would throw some more ingredients in to see how it fared- it was still tasty and delicious! I don't think you can go wrong adding whatever ingredients you are in the mood for!

Ingredients
4 potatoes, peeled and sliced
12 eggs, beaten together
2 TBSP expeller pressed coconut oil
1 TBSP butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/ onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 pieces turkey bacon, diced
4 mushrooms, diced
2 green onions, diced

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 425. Wash and peel your potatoes. Slice them thinly and set aside. Dice your onion, bell pepper, turkey and green onion. Add a drizzle of oil and your butter in your largest skillet, saute your diced vegetables, then add your potatoes and let them brown for about 3- 5 minutes. Next, beat your eggs with your s & P, and pour over the top of your sauteing vegetables. Let it cook for about 3-4 minutes, pulling the sides away from the pan with a spatula so that the egg continues to run down the edges of the pan and continues cooking. Then put it in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes until it's golden brown on top. Remove with a pot holder and LEAVE THE POT HOLDER ON YOUR HANDLE OF YOUR SKILLET SO THAT YOU DON'T BURN YOUR HAND!!! Let it cool, then run a spatula around the outside and slide it out onto a dish. Serve warm or cold, slice like a pizza (if you serve it as a meal) or cut it into cubes if you serve it as an appetizer or finger food.

No comments:

Post a Comment