Sunday, March 27, 2011

Veggie Chop Salad..

I really wanted to make a salad the other night to accompany our Mexican Lasagna, but I was out of lettuce--- but that didn't stop me! I thought, not every salad needs lettuce, let's think out of the box! This was a crunchy, satisfying alternative to the everyday green salad that I always make!

Ingredients:
3 large carrots, peeled & chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
4 stalks of celery, chopped
1 crown broccoli, chopped
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds, toasted
balsamic dressing

Directions:
Wash and chop your veggies. In a small skillet, add a drizzle of Grape Seed oil and your sunflower seeds, stirring them around to coat them in the oil. Add a shake of sea salt and stir once more cooking over medium heat until they are browned and toasted. Add them to your veggie chop right before so they don't get soggy. Drizzle on the dressing and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment