Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tzatziki


Umm, this IS SOOOOOOOO good! For starters, let me say, I have a wonderful sister-in-law who is Persian.... she just so happens to be a great cook. So is her mom. And she has taken us to a few dynamite Persian restaurant's over the years, where without fail, they serve Tzatzkik. So, I have had scrumptious dish many times, thanks to her introducing it to me- and I finally got around to making a batch of it on my own when a big bunch of fresh dill showed up in my CSA box. This is a great recipe to make if you are going to a picnic or asked to bring an appetizer or finger food to a gathering... it will be LOVED by all, so make sure you make enough! I made it and snacked on it for lunch then served it as a side for dinner, and my whole family devoured it... it was that tasty--- and did I mention it's also fast, easy, error proof, minimal ingredients, so little prep---- I could keep going, really I could!

Ingredients:
16 oz. plain Greek yogurt
1/2 English cucumber, diced small
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBSP fresh dill, chopped finely
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp pepper
***pitas, flat bread, or pita chips to serve with it

Directions:
Scoop your yogurt into a large bowl to mix everything in. Then mince your garlic, chop your dill, cucumber, and s & p. Then taste it, does it need more garlic for your taste buds?? add another clove. More cucumber, chop up another chunk. Serve it with pita bread, flat bread, crackers, pita chips, or over rice with kabobs (Persian style!). Cover and let chill until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment