Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Beer Can Burritos

Well, when I posted my Salsa Chicken recipe I remembered this recipe I used to make with a jar of green salsa (thanks to Jocelyn's comment!) and so I thought I would post this recipe as well! 

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
1 jar green salsa ( I use Trader Joe's Authentic Verde Salsa)
1 bottle of beer (light is better- I use Corona or "Trader Jose"!)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
tortillas
cheese, shredded (jack or cheddar)
avocado
other toppings???

Directions
Wash your chicken and place it in your crock pot. Pour the salsa over the top, then add the bottle of beer and turn on low for 8 hours. Anywhere from 1 hour before to 15 minutes before serving, shred your chicken with 2 forks and add your drained black beans to heat them up. (If you add them too early they will overcook and break down into mush! ) This chicken is super moist and juicy- thanks to the beer- so serve it with a slotted spoon before scooping it onto a tortilla. Add your toppings and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment